Pages

July 31, 2006

First Crazy Quilt Block!

My first crazy quilt block. I thought I was going to keep it with just whites and creams, but these browns and greens leaped into my pile too...

This is a photo of my grandpa (future big band leader in previous post!) as a young boy. Love those Edwardian poses and clothes for kids!

Put a tiny piece of my wedding dress lace in there, and some Egyptian fabric to remember my trips round the world (spend a month in Egypt...)

I plan to keep the colors in a brown/green/cream/white pallette, for a theme of "family tree", so "earthy" colors, "tree" colors!

This will be sent out for a CQ round robin, so no embellishing...that is for RR folk to do...I get my first block to embellish soon, that lovely quilt top over at Barbara's blog! Posted by Picasa

No comments: