Pages

June 8, 2007

Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire


  1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? I would love to see Alaska, for its natural beauty, and because I've never been there before!!

  2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I would love to see Macchu Pichu, in Peru, or Angkor Wat in Cambodia, both amazing ancient sites.

  3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? I took a train across America, from DC to Oregon, stopping at national parks in Montana and Wyoming. I met my brother in Oregon and we drove his car back to DC by a wide detour through Canada seeing BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan finally heading down into Michigan and home across US. Took a trip with DH from where we used to live in Atlanta, did an Elvis tour of Tupelo, MS and Memphis TN before heading to see relatives in St. Louis MO. I didn't drive, but I did backpack from the UK (got as far north as Shetland Islands) to Egypt, via Eastern Europe just after fall of communism (1993)... I love travelling!

  4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? I have worked in Uganda, went on safari in Kenya and Tanzania, visited Albania, and got to Fiji!

  5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? My favorite bit of travelling is still probably my backpacking trip, saw so many things and learned so much! Especially loved my time in Turkey, Israel and Egypt.

  6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. I grew up in suburbs of Washington, DC, so love playing tourist there, all the museums and sights! I live in Ireland now and was a tourist here years before I met my husband. We live in beautiful town on the Shannon river now, and have played tourist here, as we are new arrivals!

  7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I am a museum and sights type visitor, but am not averse to laying around on a beach from time to time, esp. if I have some knitting or sewing project and a good book as well! I like amusements (roller coasters!) but am not the type to go mad crazy either...

  8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Like natural fibers, getting into sock wool in a big way!

  9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Not a big fan of acrylic, but some mixes with acrylic are ok...not my favorites though...

  10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? I am starting on a sock obsession, but have done a few sweaters and had fun doing moebius baskets. Also like doing wash and face cloths.

  11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? I have started taking my current projects, both hand piecing for quilts and a knitting project.

  12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I am an avid quilter as well, love fabric as well as fiber! I would love to do some rug hooking at some point (have done a bit, ages ago and never finished)

  13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Nope.

  14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Not a big fan of bright colors, but love earthtones: browns, greens, oranges, beiges, etc...

  15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet.

  16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Umm...I live in Ireland, far far away from all the choices of yarn in America!! No sock wool in our local yarn shop!!

9 comments:

chris said...

I saw your post on Knitterreview about the Lexie Barnes bag and I would be very interested in it. Please let me know if you still want to sell it.

Susan said...

You've lived some interesting places! I have a good friend in Alaska who often posts pictures on her blog.

Tracy said...

WOW--You've been around! Loved reading your questionnaire here and your 7 Random Things! :o)

Dot said...

Yes, I think it is doable. It will depend on the amount of time you have to dedicate to the quilting. Let me know, I would love to see it hanging in Sisters.

Vicky said...

Congratulations! Your Jane is gorgeous! One block at a time, and it'll be done before you know it!

Jeanne said...

I agree! Your Jane quilt is simply fantastic! As Vicky said, one block at a time! Congrats
to you!

marisa said...

Of course you can do it!!! GO FOR IT!!! Cannot wait to see what you make for the doll quilt swap. This Dear Jane is awesome. I have some blocks up on my blog, but you finished top is inspirational!!!

Penny said...

Awesome Dear Jane! Keep going girl!

Holly said...

You can do it! It's beautiful. I don't think I'd have the patience to make a DJ.