Pages

January 3, 2008

Keep on Rolling!

Sandra's Teddy
Got a few things finished today! Figured I was on a roll with blog posting and with crafting, so I'd keep going.  Here is the bear I made for a friend from her mother's robe and a skirt for the bow. I've had the clothes since last year and am glad I finally focused on it and got it done. I hope she'll be able to squeeze this squishy bear and get some comfort from the fabrics she saw her mom in.

Finished First Slipper!Dave's first slipper is done now as well...will get started on its mate tomorrow, but won't felt them till I have both, so they shrink evenly.

I have a partner in crime for Weight Watchers here next week, that should help me stay motivated, I hope! I stood on the scale yesterday, I was sad to see that my weight wasn't even 175, but 181.6, I have a long road ahead of me.

I haven't finished my DJ triangle for today. I need to get a good rhythm with it going if I want the time to get the quilt finished. I think it will take more time than I think rather than less, so want to keep ahead of the curve. Guess my focus tomorrow will be to get caught up on my quilting. Too tired to do any more tonight!

13 comments:

Pam said...

What a wonderful thing to do for a friend...I kept one of my dad's Pendleton wool shirts and have my moms fur coat. Have planned to make my sister and I backpacks out of the fur coat (so we can share the coat ~ and NEITHER ONE OF US WOULD EVER GET CAUGHT WEARING IT LOL LOL) ~ but had never thought about making something out of daddy's shirt. The shirt smells just like daddy~ Old Spice aftershave ~even though it was freshly dry cleaned just before he passed away in 2004.

Connie W said...

Kathi, I am confident you can do anything you set your mind to. Best wishes to you re your new year resolutions. For me, developing new habits is a one-day-at-a-time thing and I think too far ahead I start feeling defeat. Hugs!

Anne Marie said...

Cathi, I have you on my most admired list. Where do you find the time? Your thoughtfulness will be treasured!!

ruthsplace said...

Gorgeous bear, and a lovely idea. I love the colourway of the slipper, they are going to look great felted.

Evelyn said...

Busy, busy - and when the kids aren't in school to boot! Big variety of goodies you are working on - all are wonderful.

Cheers!

Evelyn

VerrySherry said...

hiya love the teddy, nice work!
thanks for motivation all your busyness is making my wheels turn. Lately all in head is mush as I count the days, hours, and minutes for school to reopen. Love the kids dearly, but we have too much crafting on hold!!!
hope to talk soon xo

Holly said...

That bear is adorable! Happy New Year!

Hedgehog said...

Happy New Year!! Love that little bear and everything else you've been up to. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Andrea said...

Happy New Year 2008 ! Lovely projects as always. Good luck with the weight loss. I lost a lot last year and have a bit more to go and then the hardest part - keeping it off - lol !

Kristie said...

So sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she does well, keep us informed and we will be praying for her.

I love the snow queen, I'm sure she enjoyed the snow.

The basket is beautiful. You are very talented.
Kristie

Holly said...

Beautiful snow picture! Cute snow queen. You make baskets too?! You are a woman of many talents. I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

colleen said...

Hey, the snowman was too dear.Wish I had taken more of those kind of pics when my kids were still little. Loved your projects...you are so versatile. Colleen in South Africa

Jeanne said...

What a cute bear! I'm sure she will cherish it and get comfort from it. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep her in my prayers.