Pages

March 28, 2011

Getting a bit of crafting done!

Well, I am moving a lot faster now and with a lot less pain, and the physio told me why my tendons have been damaged...I have hyper mobility in my joints...double jointed in my fingers hips and feet...all my life, and apparently the wear and tear in my feet (because apparently my right foot is heading the same direction as my left which had the surgery...) has worn the joints and stretched out the tendons... who knew! But hey, I am still moving and can now do some exercises to help strengthen the tendons and prevent or postpone the need for more surgery... Of course I haven't been listening to the physio and doing as much of my exercises as I should, and have been known to walk without my crutch which I shouldn't be doing quite yet...need to be better!

I have kept on doing my crafting, though I have now moved most of it back upstairs...I have starting making space for all my new paper crafting supplies I hope to get lol! I did get my goodie package from Jennifer McGuire, lots of yummy clear stamps!


Considering I have none, and these average about $12-15 a set, it was a generous package!! Now to get some ink huh? LOL!!

Our neighbors had a new baby boy a few weeks ago and so a card had to be made!
'

I also loaned them the moses basket I made just before Aine was born...my girls and many friends and family have used it and I am very proud of it...I also made baby William a few baby vests/onesies... I found out my Silhouette is quite good a cutting out fabric with a bit of heat and bond ironed onto it...very nice for baby onesie shapes!!


Dave's musician brother has a birthday coming up...

Aisling also went to a party and I made a tshirt and card for the birthday girl, but forgot to take a photo, gasp!!

My birthday was last Friday and I got some lovely gifties...a lovely pitcher and a quilt block for our swap from great friend Kate...

My local friend Kathleen knit me this beautiful hat!

Today I have been holed up in my sewing room, re making blocks for the January Block Lotto...my 2 of my 3 envelopes never made it to their destination.... I have made new blocks for the two ladies who never got my first set of blocks...


I also made a bunch of baby vests for Kathleen's (see knitted hat above, lol) friend's new baby Sadie... I tried out my new flocked black heat transfer vinyl and used my Silhouette for some of them!

Yesterday, Saturday, our local quilting group did a charity sewing day for children with Cystic Fibrosis, we made 12 quilts! I did free motion quilting on 4 of them during the day and bound two of them...will show photos later, but here are two quilt tops, generously donated by Kate.


Last but not least, I sent a bunch of fabrics over to friend Helen who is starting to make a Dear Jane quilt like I did... I might have a bit of fabric to share, lolololol...was able to make her 40 fat eighth pieces with my bigger bits of fabric! She sent me back some interfacing to use for stitchery and this gorgeous kit to make!

3 comments:

barbara said...

Oh my gosh, Cathi, you make my head whirl with all you do!!!

You MADE that Moses basket? Seriously? That's incredibly gorgeous!

I also have hypermobility - total surprise to me to find out that not everyone bent that way - but have been v-e-r-y bad about the exercises.

Sarah said...

Amazing amount of crafty goodies. Glad to hear you're moving better. If it weren't for the expensive postage, I would have sent you many of my stamping collections/inks :D

Anonymous said...

You have certainly been busy. LOVE the moses basket, what a lovely tradition of allowing others to use it for their new born.
Take care & keep at those exercises! from Jenny McH