Pages

May 4, 2011

Moving Along...

My new hobby has me starting from scratch buying gorgeous supplies and I am going to go broke quickly if I don't calm down! I am budgeting myself a certain amount monthly for new yummy goodies for my papercrafting obsession... And I am thinking about seeing if anyone is interested in trading some scrapbooking goodies for some indie dyed sock wool...I have so much in my stash that I will never be able to finish knitting with! I will probably see if I can sell some on Ebay or Ravelry...I really see so many things I'd love to get, but would need thousands of euros to get all the things I am coveting! Gotta start doing it little by little, but I will sure have fun doing it!

I have been buying more than making in the last weeks, though I did manage to get a few Easter cards done...

Another set of ballet legwarmers started...

And a pillow for our cute little 3 year old neighbor, Lucy!

We went over to a friends house and did some not so wonderfully felted covered soaps, they were a lot of fun...You wash your hands with the soap and continue the felting and when the soap is gone you can make a little something with the felted fabric left behind! Thanks Jessica for having us over and teaching us some wet felting!
I have also started back to doing a bit of quilting on my frame...got one celtic knot motif done on my ocean waves quilt...

And also started a new quilt for our bed (still haven't finished a quilt for our own bed!!) It is going to be a simple squares quilt again...out of my favorite fabric line, Rouenneries! I am loving simple after doing the Dear Jane! I will be doing this one in quilt as you go method with 16 patches and scraps of batting...batting costs a lot here and I am frugal! I will also try to use the smaller quilting areas to practice some other types of machine quilting other than meandering...any suggestions for an improving machine quilter to try next after meandering?

I am walking without a crutch, but I am still sore at the end of the day, but improving each day! Stay tuned for an insane blog post next with lots of shopping goodies which I hope to see start arriving next week!

1 comment:

YankeeQuilter said...

I love ocean wave quilts! I bought two celtic qulting templates at the last show in hopes of using them in either an Irish Chain or an ocean wave. (Your hand quilting is beautiful!)