Pages

September 1, 2013

September Kit Reveal at Scraps of Elegance!


I am so very honored to be part of the reveal this month for Scraps of Elegance gorgeous
September 2013 Simply Shabby Chic Kit


This kit is full of the beautiful Prima Delight and Fabscraps Shabbylicous papers and embellishments.
Just gorgeous!!

My first layout is based on Suepup's gorgeous sketch:



I used a beautiful photo of my daughter Aine at the Viale di Bolgheri, a beautiful avenue of trees near a village we visited in Tuscany.


I fussy-cut some of the doilies from one of the Delight papers and started my layering. Lots more fussy cut images from the collection and gorgeous Prima flowers, flair and tags.


I used the gorgeous "Stunning" chippie from Fabscraps, priming it with gesso then coloring it with Shimmerz Bed of Roses from the Color Add On.


I did a double bow with the May Arts ribbon included in the kit and added one of Renea's gorgeous butterflies.

I did a playful layout for my second one, Aine holding up the leaning tower of Pisa!!! Really, she is very strong!!


Again, I used the Prima embellies in the kit, can you tell I love Delight?? More tags, flair and fussy cut images. I also used some of the notecards included in the kit. The background is colored with Shimmerz Bed of Roses Spray and masked with the Gritty Graphite Texturez from the Color Add On. I also used another of Renea's gorgeous butterflies from the kit.


I have used my Timmy Tiny Attacher to staple the fussy cut images onto the layout and had fun using some thread piles to add texture to my layout.


I also used a new Prima brick wall stamp to add some interest to the background.


(I'd like to enter my Pisa layout into the ArtTastic challenge for September: quirky and fun
I think this one fits the bill!!)


My third layout features both my girls. My daughter Aisling is hard to capture in photos, she is forever making silly faces, grumpy faces or just running away... I managed to get this great photo in an alleyway in a local village near where we were staying. Thank you very much to Lisa Gregory for using her magic and software to enhance this photo and really bring out the terra cotta walls and texture of the cobblestones.


I picked out a European map paper from the collection. Perfect!! I even painted in Italy with my Shimmerz paint to highlight it! I used loads of note cards from Delight, the gorgeous Prima key resin, Maya Road and Prima flowers and the really stunning window die cuts from the Fabscraps Shabbylicious collection. I also added some Molossi cobblestone chipboard pieces.


I added the Shimmerz Texturez gritty graphite to the cobblestones for texture, and to the background. I lightened it on the background by adding a damask mask and molding paste.


For finishing touches I added gesson and cheesecloth to the flower cluster.

I will have another layout and many cards to share later on in the month!! Stay tuned!!

12 comments:

Patricia said...

Just love your photos Cathi...you did a marvellous job with the kit!!! Well done...

Monica said...

You did a fab job with the kit. Congrats on the GDT spot.

Jane said...

You have certainly nailed the "quirky and fun" aspect of our ARTastic challenge and your layout is just delightful and the colours in this kit are beautiful! Thank you so much for joining is with us.

LISA said...

Beautiful work!! You are quite welcome!! I just fell in love with that photo!! Beautiful job with the kit!!! Love all of your layering!!

Elaine said...

What a lovely kit and you have used it so beautifully. I like how you have created each page in a different style. The page you have done for ARTastic is fun and love how it captures the feel of your photo. Thanks for joining our challenge this month.

DebiJ said...

Thank you for playing along at ARTastic with us Cathi, with this delightful fresh & pleasing page. What a fabulous kit to play with & love your photo & divine cluster to top it off.

Tone-Lill said...

Brilliant and fun LO you have entered in to our challenge at ARTastic, thank you for playing along :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, my ! These are all incredibly beautiful & I think all three would fit in at ARTastic!!!! LOOOOVE the flowers you've used & those gorgeous soft, but fun colours:):):)

Unknown said...

Lovely Layout, beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic this month!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Wow these are all lovely with so much to see and think about.
Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month.

Shazza said...

I love all the texture and colors. Yes! it is quirky and fun! thanks for joining in at ARTastic!

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Love your Pisa Layout =) Thanks for playing along with us at ARTastic!