Pages

November 16, 2013

Seaside Tag for Sugar Creek Hollow





This week at Sugar Creek Hollow the theme is tags and boxes. I chose to do a tag and instead of doing another Christmas themed project for this, I saw this great vintage seaside image I had printed out and waiting to be used and decided a summer seaside theme would be a great change of pace for this frosty season!!

I had a scrap of pattern paper left from another project just the perfect size so used that as my base.  I used lots of layers to build up this tag, starting with some corrugated cardboard...lots of lace, lots of mulberry paper flowers, some seashells from the girls stash and some fun netting and seam binding. I really like how this turned out!

I used the gorgeous Tresors de Luxe laces, all of which are sold out when I went to check today!! But there is an amazing selection of gorgeous laces there, you should really check it out!! I used their lovely Pink Fabric Flower Spray with White Pearls as a fun accent.

Pink Fabric Flower Spray with White Pearls, Very Shabby Chic  Flower Part is approx. 3.50" and the wire stem is another 4" ) PF-041

This week we have a guest designer joining us! Help us welcome Bonnie Garby and go see her gorgeous work at http://www.maketime2craft.com!

7 comments:

Meggymay said...

Beautiful tag, love the vintage sea side image.
Yvonne

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning, luvin all of the details...hope your weekend is fabby!

enjoy *~*

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How wonderful, so many fantastic elements.

Keren Tamir said...

beautiful tag!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is stunning Cathi. Absolutely love the lace and the embellishments are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the link to the Etsy shop.
Amelia

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Cathi! I love every yummy detail of your tag and I just printed your photo to put on my bulletin board so I can stare at it!! Fabulous, teamie!

Monica said...

This is too darling!