Pages

December 23, 2013

Seasonal Wreath for May Arts


Come join me to learn how to make a simple wreath that you can change out the decor for with the change of the seasons, with great help using the gorgeous Graphic 45 Places in Time papers. 


I found it very hard to source a wreath form here in Ireland, so I borrowed an idea that Royal Ribbonista Karen Baker used for her gorgeous Nature Walk Wreath and made my own from some large pizza boxes that I got some scrap goodies delivered in, recycling at its best! I used a plate to trace the circle and then cut out the center and I layered two cardboard bases together. 


I wrapped 4 Inch Burlap / Wired Ribbon around the wreath form to make a great burlap base.


I used the gorgeous 2.5 Inch Sheer / Frayed / Flowers / Wired Ribbon in ivory to build up my wreath. Where I knew I was going to have my interchangeable decorative motif I put several flowers together, then a spaced the others out a few inches apart for the rest of the wreath.  I hot glued all the flowers into place.


 I then took 5 inch strips of the beautiful 3/4 Inch Lace / Pearl Center Ribbon and glued them into place between the frayed flowers.

 

For my final addition for my wreath I made some super simple burlap flowers simply by wrapping and twisting 1.5 Inch Faux Burlap / Wired Ribbon


Since these ribbons are wired they held together perfectly till I was able to hot glue them into place between the frayed flowers. The wreath base is now finished!!


For each of my different seasonal centerpieces I tied a large bow using various colored 1.5 Inch Woven Chevron Striped Ribbon / Wired and used my Graphic 45 Places in Time Collection for all the gorgeous image collaging. I simply assembled them together and glued the bow to the front of the decor piece. I used a piece of burlap twine attached to the back of each of my themed motifs. To switch them out simply tie them around the wreath base!!








2 comments:

Monica said...

I think your wreaths are beautiful. I think these are so versatile. I would love to see a Valentine's version.. and of course.. St. Patrick's day. Hee hee

TracyM #6773 said...

GORGEOUS wreaths Cathi!!!

LOVE the burlap, lace & pearls!!!

I HAD to come back and visit because I realised that YOU are the Cathi who is Guest Designer on the May Arts Blog :)