Pages

May 28, 2014

More Fun with Simply Sweet Frosted Designs May Kit!

.Simply Sweet

This month I have had so much fun playing with my Simply Sweet May Kit that I have done a few more extra projects and still have some of the kit left, they really are amazing with so much included!


For my first project I did a canvas, using the The Crafters Workshop Stencil - Live Love Laugh included with the Messy Kit, using Molding Paste to make my designs, and turning the stencil over and reversing the flower for a different look. I added the butterfly in several places as well, I love how you can use part of a mask or redesign your own look by using the mask in different ways.  I also added some molding paste texture using the Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil included in the February Kit. I took my Autumn Leaves Starburst Spray Set, and sprayed the Tibetan Poppy Teal and Cattail Copper brown on my canvas as a base adding color and bringing out the texture of the molding paste. To highlight the gorgeous flowers and butterflies on my canvas I used my Paradise Pink Glimmer Glaze included in the kit. The butterflies also got a little dot trail following behind them from my Viva Decor Cream Paper Pen.  I added in some inspirational sayings from the Cosmo Cricket Just Because Tiny Text Stickers to my canvas and then finished off my canvas with a bit of stamping using the 7 Dots Cold Country Clear Stamps script stamp and some dark brown inking of the edges using my Prima Knotted Wood Chalk Ink.

For my next project I did a set of three cards using a mix of the Heidi Swapp Dreamy Papers and Melissa Frances The Sweet Life paper, a collection of pastel yumminess!! I used tons of embellishments from the kits to finish them off!


For this first card I used the Melissa Frances papers, layering it up and edging the paper with the Cream Paper Pen. I added stitching to another layer then loads of kit embellishments: Prima Princess Flower, Maya Road Vintage Find Bird and fun buttons from the Dress It Up Embellishments package - Au Jardin Whisper. I added a little sentiment from the Cosmo Cricket Just Because Tiny Text Stickers.



Another fun pastel card using the Melissa France Papers! I stitched around all the paper layer edges, added Prima Princess Flowers, Prima Gillian White Flowers, Heidi Swapp Dreamy Clear Watercolor Words and the Dress It Up Embellishments buttons. I added a bit of twine from my stash.



My final card with lots of zig zag stitching on the layers, Dress It Up Embellishments buttons, Prima Gillian White flowers, Maya Road Crochet Trim and Cosmo Cricket Just Because Tiny Text Stickers.

I really had a lot of fun putting together these cards and the canvas with the May Simply Sweet Kit. There aren't very many left, so I hope that you will run not walk over to the Frosted Designs Store to pick one up for yourself!!



No comments: