Pages

October 22, 2014

The Book of Jones: Sherlock Book Kit Project from Meg's Garden


This month I have done a mini book with the gorgeous new book kit I was sent in my DT parcel: The Sherlock Book Kit by Watson. This kit is chock full of gorgeous vintage pages and vintage ephemera cut outs!  I have put my pages together by glueing them back to back and then stitching down the middle of the spine to bind them. I stitched the pages to the cover and then covered the stitching with the gorgeous textured piece to imitate an old book or journal. I love the look it gives!

For the cover details, I added a gorgeous ribbon from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set. I have used a vintage cut out from the The Sherlock Book Kit by Watson and then decorated it with gorgeous Chocolate Small Roses, Paper Lilies and one of the beautiful Pen Nibs.

Here is a detail of the stitching binding all the pages to the cover:


Here is a look inside my mini, all of the photos are of my mother's side of the family, The Jones'. I guess I am keeping up with my Joneses in this album, and I am very lucky to have some really amazing photographs to share!!


Here is my first page. My grandfather Ernest Jones was a musician and had a big band back in the 30s and 40s, Ernie Jones and the Mound Citians! St. Louis was called the Mound City as there are actually some prehistoric passage tombs of early native Americans found in and around the big city!  I have used lots of ephemera on this page, a metal flower cut in half from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set, lots of background stamping and masking.


This next photo is a favorite of mine and I have it framed and hung up on the wall! This is my great great Uncle Leo and some of his pals. They demonstrated roller skating as a brand new "sport" at the St. Louis World Fair in 1904. I added lots of metal bits again from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set, choosing round ones and industrial type ones to tie into the roller skate theme. The vintage cut outs I used all tied in with new inventions and a globe, to fit the theme of the World's Fair. I have used mist, stamping and masking again to tie the pages together.


Here is a familiar photo I just had to add to my book again. I added gears from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set, and lots of vintage cut outs. I finished off the pages with more masking and stamping.


Here in the centre of the book is my beautiful grandmother Rosemary Furlong Jones. I had to add this familiar photo in too!! To decorate these pages I used the Ivory Small Roses and a 10 cm Paper Doily and more vintage cut outs from the The Sherlock Book Kit by Watson and metal flower from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set.



The next page is a photo of my grandmother a little older with her three younger sisters and...a goat...not sure about this one, didn't get a story to go along with this!!. I used some photo corners, a metal filigree and the white flower from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set and many many vintage cut outs.



My final page in the book is one of my favorites! The youngest girl from the photo above with the goat turned in my beautiful Great Aunt Marge. This photo she had taken for my Great Uncle Les so he could have a photo to remember her by during World War II. Such a stunning photo, I just love this one! I have again used the metal pieces, flowers and ribbons from the Temptations in cream, camel, copper & brown set as well as some 10 cm Paper Doilies.

I love how the book has turned out and hope you have enjoyed looking through it!!


Supplies from Meg's Garden:


3 comments:

Bonjourscrap said...

Awesome booklet ! Keep going !

Meggymay said...

Fabulous book, super details and photos.
Yvonne

ruthsplace said...

You have such great photos! What a wonderful way to display them. I love your book!